So these are my musings today in the beginning of December. Still nice out on the 'Wet' Coast.
There is a pendulum in life, it swings back and forth. You have to experience both sides in order to find the middle. If you are a comedian, you have an intense funny streak and you may have a dark/depressive side. So there goes the pendulum back and forth to two extreme feelings. Very funny and very dark. I think that is part of human behaviour to have two sides and you are never sure which side will win each day.
The middle is neutral, the NOW. We all have this pendulum but we may never understand both sides if we aren't aware of them. If we have that self-awareness/curiosity of self, we can deal with the extremes better/easier in order to find the NOW/middle way.
Being so focused on the negative events in our lives will block us from living in our hearts. Forgiveness will open your heart chakra and you are one step closer to living in peace. Or do you like to dwell in the past? Sitting in the mud re-living every nuance of what was said and making yourself loose every single conversation so you can continue your pity party? Well, go right ahead. It is a lonely place to be.
But if you are open to forgive, you will experience such a freedom to love again. And this is the time to forgive and see the bigger picture and maybe you could start with forgiving yourself. That is the core of forgiveness, to give yourself a break from the events and truly be there for yourself. You will give yourself the gift of freedom when you forgive. And there may not be enough time so do it now. <3
I own a few crystals and I use them for different reasons. I have a flourite crystal at my workplace, which keeps me grounded and clear.
If you’re facing significant difficulties soon, try to put the healing green light of Fluorite around the situation by sitting quietly with the stone and giving it an intention. Observe your breath, inhaling peace and clarity while exhaling the problematic situation. Let your breathing slow down to a natural pace and inhale the peaceful vibrations of the universe, exhaling tension and letting it all go with each breath. Continue doing the breathing exercise until you sense a calm flow. When you sense the emotional and physical pain leaving your body, you discover the sensation of being free from the mental blocks. The more you work with Fluorite, the more you’ll be able to focus on what’s important.
Did you know that faith is an action and not a concept, therefore, act as if what you want will show up in your life. And what you want will match your frequency. Is your vibration active, up to date and clear? If not, then you need to do some aura and chakra clearing. You will get what you are vibrating...
I do aura cleansing and chakra clearing so you can live a more balanced life. Then I work on any barriers and blocks you have in your life that you want to get rid off. From there we will do art therapy which will connect you to your life essential creative source.
I call myself a recovered people pleaser. I am a master of reading energies in a room and making people feel comfortable, all of which is extremely exhausting. I am not doing this anymore as it would lead to burn out city rather quickly. The road to recovery has been very long but so worth the investment while figuring out how to build confidence and finding strength in myself. I can fully rely on and trust myself due to my self-awareness, investing in personal development and doing endless workshops and programs and a four year education/degree of dealing with family history lol.
I have accumulated tons of experiences and training but the list I will present will be a doable list that you can use yourself without signing up for expensive workshops or training:
1. Read the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Life is about suffering and how to deal and cope with it will set you free
2. Walk in nature
3. Helping others, volunteering
4. Sitting with your grief and pain to find the real problem, go deeper
5. Conflict resolution, don't be afraid to open your heart today and state what you need
6. Stop worrying about what other people think about you, they are preoccupied on what they think you are thinking about them. Please unfreeze and thaw
7. Constantly seek feedback and ask for feedback from others. It may hurt but it is the best shortcut to growth which will lead to immediate success if you apply it
8. Apply yourself. Do what you have to do as soon as you can
9. Eat the biggest frog in the morning
10. Sometimes you just have to put it out there. See what happens and move on
11. Treat yourself to an amazing cup of coffee or tea
12. Tell people you love them. If they aren't open to hear it please do not explain or back paddle why you shared it. Just say you needed to tell them and discard any insecurities
13. Sweat equity, know thyself. Won't be easy but worth all the time in the world. Will save your tons of pain
14. Don't take shortcuts...ever
15. Read and learn all about what puts your soul on fire and then share it with others!
16. Don't buy into what other people are telling you if it isn't constructive feedback. Haters will always hate
17. Treat your heart with tender care. Always. No room for negotiation as you are doing your best to get where you want to be
18. Be honest with yourself and ask for help. You don't need to know everything
19. Read Living in the Light with Shakti Gawain. One of my first spiritual books I found in 1997. Such a yellow and vibrant cover and message!
20. Let go of old thoughts and habits. At least replace negative thoughts with something more effective than sitting in misery
21. Jumping jacks works and the best energy changer ever!
22. Follow your ideas and take action. Chase them!
I am a strong supporter of the smiling committee. A smile a day keeps the counsellor away :P. Read this: https://getpocket.com/explore/item/neuroscience-says-doing-this-1-thing-makes-you-just-as-happy-as-eating-2-000-chocolate-bars?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Winter is representing magic to me. I start to light candles during this time with intentions. Affirmations is becoming more of a routine as I feel more magical with the candles and using different lights. The moon is reflected on the lake and I am feeling unlimited with possibilities again, as the magic unfolds around me. Nature is my magic, my church and it always puts me at ease if I am feeling ungrounded. It is okay to be a bit of a hermit during this time while I am attending different venues around the community. Balance being social and being a hermit is a great way of using healthy boundaries and sprinkle some healthy selfishness is good for the soul.
Failure is part of being human and you have to be willing to fail, and take responsibility for that failure, in order to develop – because failure is a valuable teacher. But no teacher in the world can help you if you’re not willing to listen.
Learning from failure means spending time and effort thinking about your mistakes. Unfortunately, people would rather bury their heads in the sand than face their failures. This is a major problem, because our attitude toward failure often determines our success.
There was an experiment performed by a team of psychologists at Michigan State University. The experiment divided children in two groups: those who believed they were born intelligent, and those who thought they could get smarter with practice.
Each group was assigned tasks with increasing difficulty, designed so that children would eventually fail. The experiment revealed that children who believed they could improve were able to use these failures to progress in subsequent tests. The other children, the ones who believed their intelligence was fixed, simply gave up.
My name is Annica Johansson and I am a Career and Talent Coach. I am writing about personal development, daily musings, spirituality and depicting mother nature's amazing beauty.