Celebrating Easter with my friend and his family! Started out having a glass of wine at Arbutus Ridge in Cobble Hill at noon.
Then we went to Glo in Victoria for a beer. It was such a beautiful day that we almost ended out on the patio but it was still a little bit too chilly for that.
Had an amazing Easter dinner on Saturday and Easter buffet brunch on Sunday. Had to go for a walk after the brunch as it was a lot of food.
Happy Easter everyone! <3
Easter is here and I am missing my family in Sweden. I am very close to my family and we talk on Skype as much as we can. However, I am not talking to my big brother as much as I want. He is very busy with his job and family. My niece and nephew, Sigrid and Arvid, are having a heck of a time right now lol. I can see lots of candy in their future.. Here is Anders and his wife Lena's blog. I love staying in contact by looking at the pics and their Swedish and other meals on their blog.
Click on the link above the pic to check it out! And yes I have FOMO if you look at my tabs lol..
When I was in my teens I was totally obsessed with supermodels. My absolute favourites is Christy Turlington, she has that amazing and beautiful horse face (it's a compliment ;). I never thought I would become a professional model when I was young as I was such a shy teenager. I was asked to start modelling for a famous Swedish agent when I was 17 years old but I turned it down due to being so shy. I became a professional model later in life which was a good thing for me. Here is a video with Christy Turlington from 2013:
I have been so hungry lately and it did not help that I overate on cookies that totally had way too much butter and sugar. I understand how sugar could work like a drug where you just want to eat more and more cookies! Gaaahhhh... But I just completed making a healthy dish with avocados, cherry tomatoes, and eggs. Pure perfection for a healthy dinner. I did not go for my usual lunch walk so I am feeling a bit sluggish but oh well, I can make other healthy choices so this is better than nothing.
I call myself a recovered people pleaser. I am a master of reading energies in a room and making people feel comfortable, all of which is extremely exhausting. I am not doing this anymore as it would lead to burn out city rather quickly. The road to recovery has been very long but so worth the investment while figuring out how to build confidence and finding strength in myself. I can fully rely on and trust myself due to my self-awareness, investing in personal development and a four year education/degree of dealing with family history lol.
I have accumulated tons of experiences and training but the list I will present will be a doable list that you can use yourself without signing up for expensive workshops or training:
1. Read the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying. Life is about suffering and how to deal and cope with it will set you free
2. Walk in nature
3. Helping others, volunteering
4. Sitting with your grief and pain to find the real problem, go deeper
5. Conflict resolution, don't be afraid to open your heart today and state what you need
6. Stop worrying about what other people think about you, they are preoccupied on what they think you are thinking about them. Please unfreeze and thaw
7. Constantly seek feedback and ask for feedback from others. It may hurt but it is the best shortcut to growth which will lead to immediate success if you apply it
8. Apply yourself. Do what you got to do as soon as you can
9. Eat the biggest frog in the morning
10. Sometimes you just have to put it out there. See what happens and move on
11. Treat yourself to an amazing cup of coffee or tea
12. Tell somebody you love them today. If they aren't open to hear it please do not explain or back paddle why you shared it. Just say you needed to tell them and discard any insecurities
13. Sweat equity, know thyself. Won't be easy but worth all the time in the world. Will save your tons of pain
14. Don't take shortcuts...ever
15. Read and learn all about what puts your soul on fire and then share it with others!
16. Don't buy into what other people are telling you if it isn't constructive feedback. Haters will always hate
17. Treat your heart with tender care. Always. No room for negotiation as you are doing your best to get where you want to be
18. Be honest with yourself and ask for help. You don't need to know everything
19. Read Living in the Light with Shakti Gawain. One of my first spiritual books I found in 1997. Such a yellow and vibrant cover and message!
20. Let go of old thoughts and habits. At least replace negative thoughts with something more effective than sitting in misery
21. Jumping jacks works and the best energy changer ever!
Impatient, patient, in between being patient and then back to impatient. Instant gratification is lurking around the corner and whispering sweet nothings. Delayed gratification has been put on a shelf and it is, of course, sitting there so nonchalant with not a worry in the world. I know delayed gratification is the best dessert in the world! I know I have to master sitting patiently in a time warp where I can't push a selfish outcome. I am growing every time I am choosing delayed gratification as I am building resilience. All of this has a meaning and it is works out as a reminder when I will re-read this post in the future. I don't really have any good pictures so here is a throw back photo on my sweet young Hamish. He has a huge place in my heart but he is now my guardian angel. LOVE this pic as he is suckling his toy...
Already in the 17th century Swedes started making waffles baked in square irons used directly in open fire. The nowadays so characteristic rounded iron making heart shaped waffles came around in the 19th century.
I love making crispy and thin waffles but I had already purchased Belgium thick waffles and that was what we had this morning. They were crispy and yummy with fresh berries and syrup.
Went for a run after breakfast at Westwood lake, of course I was the slower of the two of us but it feels so good to get it over with in the morning :)
When you are on the right path the right people will show up!
Started the day with Heartworkers coffee meeting. We spoke about how to create lead generation and what formulas, modules, assessments, forms to create for our audience and to give away for free. We started to talk about life, mainly our short comings this time and social norms. What is normal and what are our boundaries regarding 'normal' behaviour. Why do we have healthy boundaries with some people in our lives but with others they are lacking a great deal? Did we create this normal out of our habits but is that 'normal' actually infringing on our self-worth and does not bring any 'healthiness' into our lives? Big questions that needs some more pondering.
We are having our Heartworkers meeting today! Yahhooooo! But I am sick and my energy is super low but it will get better as soon as my heartworkers show up with their amazing energy. I may be able to borrow their enthusiasm for a couple of hours hehe. I am listening to Despacito song that has been programmed to repeat for an hour while I am cleaning and getting ready for the meeting. But I really need some of his energy:
We are pulling a card from the Enlightenment deck so we can see where our energies are and how we are doing on an emotional level. Each card has tremendous insights that may hit right on target where you have to ponder its messages for a while :). Love these cards as they are a great tool to start deeper convos as well!
I came to Canada over 20 years ago. Sold my condo in Sweden and moved to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island with two suitcases, a Chinese carpet and a chandelier (don't ask). I started my new life as an international student taking art classes, graphic design, art history (which I fell deeply in love with). I wanted to explore my creative side more after working with numbers (bookkeeping) for over nine years in Stockholm.
I fell in love with the beautiful landscape on the west coast. The majestic mountains and the ocean combined took my breath away. Nature has always been my greatest healer and the support for ideas, aha-moments, love etc. continues to this day. Every time I am outside I get new ideas, solve problems and find solutions to everyday issues.
I came here in 1996 and I immediately find solace in the sea wall downtown Nanaimo. I started to listen to tons of audiobooks during my walks and one audio that stood out at the time was Mike Dooley's "Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams". I received daily emails from "Notes from the Universe" by Dooley which made me feel so special as it felt he only wrote to me as he used my name at the beginning of the notes. Silly but it made my day :). Then I purchased the Infinite Possibilities and listened to that while I was walking the sea wall. I started to use affirmations and spoke out loud what I wanted to manifest.
My name is Annica Johansson and I am a Career and Talent Coach. I am writing about personal development, daily musings, spirituality and depicting mother nature's amazing beauty.